Space Planning and Management will contribute to the educational, research, and public service goals of the University by providing comprehensive strategic planning and administration of space assignments and policies.
Space Planning and Management is responsible for managing one of the University's most limited resources – space. The management of space includes planning, tracking, assignment, auditing, analyses, and reporting of current and future needs based on the strategic and research goals of the institution while maintaining proper alignment with the Master Plan. Space Planning and Management is the central governing office of all space on campus.
- To more fully and effectively utilize all University space.
- To align space assignments to better meet the needs of the University's strategic and research goals.
- To co-locate academic units to achieve intellectual synergies and collaboration.
- To move those units which are dispersed across campus to contiguous spaces.
- To keep academic programs and functions on the core of campus.
- To move non-academic units and functions to the periphery of campus.